CALDWays 2016 will identify access barriers that culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) consumers are currently experiencing with My Aged Care (MAC).
This important inaugural forum is an opportunity for participants to advocate for the needs of CALD consumers aged 65 and over. Key stakeholders representing CALD consumers in the MAC journey are invited to share their experiences and contribute to the recommendations that PICAC NSW & ACT will report to the Department of Health in early 2017, as part of the My Aged Care CALD Accessibility Project.
Delegates will learn practical solutions from cultural experts and engage in outcomes-based discussions and recommendations. There will also be an opportunity to hear from CALD consumers during a debut video presentation produced by Why Documentaries.
All participants at the forum will be acknowledged by PICAC NSW & ACT for their contributions.
Download the CALDWays 2016 Forum program [1.33 MB PDF].
Benefits for attending
- Improve My Aged Care access barriers for CALD consumers
- Hear real CALD consumer experiences with My Aged Care
- Learn practical solutions to increase My Aged Care access
- Participate in making key recommendations to the Department of Health.
Who will attend
- CALD leaders and community organisations
- Home and community care service providers
- Residential aged care service providers
- Federal, State, Territory and Local Government representatives
- Solution providers.
Master of ceremonies (MC)
Peter Mares, Journalist and Public Policy Researcher
- Senator The Hon. Zed Seselja, Assistant Minister for Social Services and Multicultural Affairs
- The Hon Ken Wyatt AM, MP, Assistant Minister for Health and Aged Care
- Adele Lubiana, Service Manager, Aged Care and Rehabilitation, South Western Sydney Local Health District, NSW Health
- Cecilia Milani, Manager, Partners in Culturally Appropriate Care (PICAC) NSW & ACT
- Craig Harris, Assistant Secretary, Access Reform Branch, Department of Health
- Dini Liyanarachchi, Policy and Project Officer, Federation of Ethnic Communities' Councils of Australia (FECCA)
- Helen Malcomess, Carers ACT
- James Wilson, Engagement Manager, Carers and Aged Care, Healthdirect Australia
- Jessica Innes, Regional Manager, Aged Care Assessment Services, Catholic Healthcare Ltd
- Josi Krizanac, Project Officer, Partners in Culturally Appropriate Care (PICAC) NSW & ACT
- Ken Habak OAM, Chairperson & Public Officer, Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra (MCCI)
- Mirella Di Genua, Executive Team, Ethnic Community Services Co-operative, NSW
- Rosa Colanero, Multicultural Aged Care Inc, SA
- Sharon Rose, Assistant Secretary Ageing and Sector Support Branch, Department of Health
- Sonia Di Mezza, Deputy CEO, ACT Disability, Aged and Carer Advocacy Service (ADACAS)
- Terrie Leoleos, NSW Multicultural Ageing and Disability Access Officer, Ethnic Communities Council of NSW (ECCNSW)
- Trevor Neroy, Director, Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) National
- Vivi Germanos-Koutsounadis, Executive Director, Ethnic Community Services Co-operative, NSW
- Vivienne McDonald, General Manager, Diversicare, QLD
- Yvonne Santalucia, Multicultural Aged Equity Officer, South Western Sydney Local Heath District, NSW Health.
NETWORKING EVENT SPONSORED BY: