Partners in Culturally Appropriate Care (PICAC) is a national initiative funded by the Australia Government.
PICAC is the expert in providing culturally specific:
- strategic partnerships
- training and professional development
- quality resources
- demographic data.
PICAC can help you to develop and enhance relationships with CALD aged care communities, identifying and addressing their unique needs.
We aim to equip and support residential and community aged care service providers to deliver culturally appropriate care to older people, from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities.
Training is tailored to all levels of your organisation in areas such as:
- cultural awareness
- culture and dementia
- culture and continence
- culture and palliative care.
A partnership with PICAC will enable your organisation to deliver better practice in culturally appropriate care.
The PICAC initiative provides funding to an organisation in each state or territory to deliver the following program outcomes:
- More aged care services delivering culturally appropriate care to older persons from culturally and linguistically diverse communities;
- Older people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities having increased access to culturally appropriate residential and community based aged care services;
- Older people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities having greater capacity to make informed decisions about residential and community based aged care.
Working collaboratively, each PICAC produces a wealth of cultural training, information sessions, workshops and resource development.
Follow each link below to find PICAC specific resources in other states or territories.
- PICAC in New South Wales (NSW) & Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- PICAC in Northern Territory (NT)
- PICAC in Queensland (QLD)
- PICAC in South Australia (SA)
- PICAC in Tasmania (TAS)
- PICAC in Victoria (VIC)
- PICAC in Western Australia (WA)
PICAC CONTACT DETAILS
Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra Inc.
Cecilia Milani – PICAC NSW & ACT Manager
Council on the Ageing Inc (COTA NT) Inc
Lina Paselli – PICAC Project Officer
Vivienne McDonald– General Manager
Multicultural Aged Care Incorporated
Ms Rosa Colanero – CEO
Migrant Resource Centre (Southern Tasmania) Inc
Mr Hans Schmid – PICAC Project Officer
Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing
Ms Ljubica Petrov – Manager
Mary Gurgone - National Director
Phone:(08) 9381 0660